Home Affordable Unemployment Program (UP)Eligibility
You may be eligible for UP if you meet all of the following criteria:
- You are unemployed and eligible for unemployment benefits.
- You occupy the house as your primary residence.
- You have not previously received a HAMPSM modification.
- You obtained your mortgage on or before January 1, 2009.
- You owe up to $729,750 on your home.
- More than 100 HAMP-participating servicers can offer UP to eligible unemployed homeowners.
- You may be required to make a partial payment, not to exceed 31 percent of your verified monthly gross (pre-tax) income including unemployment benefits.
- You will be evaluated for a HAMP mortgage modification at the end of your UP forbearance period if it is available at that time.